Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Add-On Weekly: TwitterBar

So I've recently upgraded to the latest version of Firefox (which is 3.6, if you haven't done so I would highly recommend you do!) which is filled with lots of nifty little add-ons and newly introduced "Personas" which gives your browser an edgier look. Now I've recently got into using Twitter which in the past I've considered a personal blasphemy and I found it to be tedious that whenever I wanted to post a new "tweet" I would have to go to the website log in and go through all that jive. Enter Christopher Finke the developer of TwitterBar an add-on that makes posting to your twitterboard as easy as pie.

TwitterBar enables you to post links and short lines of text from your browsers address bar directly to your twitter board as long as you end it with "--post". For example, if I entered:

"Mass Effect 2 is out today go out and get it! --post", it would post that line onto my twitterbar in mere seconds.

If you're a casual twitter poster like myself its a wonderful add-on to have, if you're a heavy poster its also great but it has a few limitations at the moment for example image uploading and reading/posting to other peoples blogs. But these will be worked on sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment